Our Friends over at Stoddart Legal are looking for a Commercial Lawyer!
Do you want to be the best lawyer for the greatest good? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with real people who are passionate about making people’s lives better? If so, this may just be the role you’ve been looking for!
Is this you?
We are seeking a talented lawyer who is client focused, commercially minded and who upholds the strong values of our firm. The successful candidate will be a lawyer who is focused on results rather than fees and who values a down to earth workplace environment rather than the glamour of the large corporates.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- want to be part of a team that values client relationships and excellent legal solutions;
- be passionate about providing clients with peace of mind, a clear undertaking of their legal obligations and protection against legal risks;
- have strong commercial acumen;
- demonstrate high level attention to detail;
- possess strong time management and organisational skills;
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- be able to build and maintain a strong rapport with our existing clients and referral network;
- be proactive and have a willingness to learn.
Knowledge of the pharmacy industry is beneficial but not essential.
Want to know more?
The role is a rare opportunity for a personable, experienced and diligent commercial lawyer, with at least 4 years post admission experience, to join our family friendly and close-knit team to work on general commercial and property matters. The role is full time or part time.
The role will support the two directors of the firm who specialise in the pharmacy industry. The successful candidate will focus on general commercial and property matters and will be required to undertake a range of tasks including:
- drafting and reviewing commercial documents including contracts, shareholders agreements and partnership agreements;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating leases for commercial and retail premises;
- drafting disclosure documents and ensuring compliance with the Retail Shop Leases Act;
- preparing Land Titles Forms.
This is a genuine opportunity to contribute to a leading law firm which provides high quality legal services to a great client base across Australia. For the right candidate, there is also the potential to develop a complementary area of practice and actively contribute to the growth of the firm.
Who we are?
Stoddart Legal is a boutique Brisbane law firm and a leader in its field, delivering high quality legal advice, practical options and business solutions to clients across Australia. We specialise in pharmacy and commercial law matters. Our experience is unique, extensive and wide ranging.
Our clients value our down to earth, personable, professional and collaborative approach to matters and the ability to easily access our services. Our clients’ business is our business.
You can learn more about Stoddart Legal by tuning into my podcast episode with Sarah and Steve below.
Want to apply? Here is how!
If this is the role for you, please submit your resume and a short letter (maximum one page) or video (maximum 2 minutes) outlining:
- why this role is for you;
- what you enjoy most about being a lawyer; and
- a brief description of your favourite type of commercial matter
This role is not suitable for law graduates and we would appreciate being contacted by applicants only, not recruiters.