Mel Telecican Presents: Core Email Marketing Automations!
Author Kiarah Grace Kelly
A key part of marketing your business is utilising the power of email to get your message out. Mel Telecican joined us on Day 2 of the Club Retreat to give us the low-down on this all important tool.
What's Possible with Email Marketing?
Effective email marketing can and will, if deployed correctly, serve your clients through each and every key consumer progression stage. What are these key stages you ask? A consumer of your business will experience each of these key moments throughout their journey with you:-
- Awareness – the moment your customer becomes aware of all the great stuff you do;
- Consideration – the phase your customer will go through to decide whether you’re the right fit for them;
- Engagement – yippe skippee! They’ve picked you!;
- Delivery – your time to shine, this is the experience your customer had whilst you’re working for them;
- Retention – are they going to come back?; and
- Advocacy – the greatest compliment of them all, this customer is one that was so happy with your service that their singing your praises all over town!
Time For an Audit!
Before you start sending out your new snazzy automated emails you have some homework to do! Turn your mind to each of these important factors (concerning both online and internal procedures) which will make the content your sending out via email all the more exciting for your recipients:-
- Is your content different? Check out your two main competitors and make sure you differentiate yourself from their online content;
- How do you capture your online visitors? This should go beyond a contact form, think booking tools, live chat, etc;
- Do you ask about your online visitors interests whilst they’re there? A click-through process which will deliver content catered to that visitors answers will make your future email marketing shine;
- Do you have some online content that is locked until visitors give you their details? A simple way to grow your mailing list;
- Do you have automated processes across other platforms that remind visitors to come back?;
- Once you have engaged your new customer – how do you welcome them? Can you be sending automated email marketing in the form of an onboarding process?;
- Do you seek feedback from your customer and ask them to refer you on to their friends and families?
Get Those Lead Magnets
Mel told us all about the wonderful world of lead magnets, these are a specific pieces of content which will tend to perform well and peak the interest of your potential customers better than some other types of content.
Lead magnets can come in the form of videos, on-demand webinars, downloadables and more. The best part is that lead magnets can be primarily used as website content but later repurposed on social or in your automated email service.
Good luck with your entrance into the world of automated email marketing, there is no doubt that Mel opened our eyes today to a part of the marketing matrix that we all could be using more effectively.
Thanks to our partners for helping us bring The Retreat 2018 (a law conference like no other!) to you!
Kiarah Grace Kelly
Blogger and Happy Law Student
Hi! I am Kiarah Grace Kelly, I have just finished a dual Bachelors degree in Law and Government and International Relations at Griffith University on the Gold Coast. I tested my legal toes in the water at a boutique Gold Coast Law firm before starting as a Law Graduate at Brisbane Family Law Centre in November 2018.
With admission to the legal profession just around the corner for me, I’m SO excited for all that is ahead in my legal life.
I would love to connect with you on Linkedin and Instagram!