As a law firm owner or legal professional, do you want to…
If you answered ‘YES’ to any of the above questions,
then this law firm retreat is for you!
Join us for the Retreat 2022!
But – What Is The Retreat, You Ask?
The Retreat is a dynamic 2-day in-person legal conference for law firm owners and leaders, organised by Happy Lawyer Happy Life. Join us from the 4th & 5th of November 2022 at the gorgeous Peppers Salt Resort & Spa Kingscliff, NSW!
The Retreat was born to inspire and inform Australia’s law experts – just like you. In our 6th year running, we’re excited to yet again be bringing the Australian law community together in a fun, interactive environment that educates and leaves every participant with lifelong value.
For the better part of the decade, The Retreat has become known as a powerful (and empowering) forum for Australia’s law community. Here, we exchange insights into the latest developments and solutions for running law firms in the most sustainable way possible – from tech to staff wellness and everywhere in-between.
Our theme this year is ‘Start, Sustain, Succeed’ – representing all the moving parts that build a successful law firm. Whether you’re in a start-up phase or looking for proven growth strategies, The Retreat CAN and will help you make the business decisions you need to succeed!
You Will Learn:
Australian law firms play a crucial role in our industry. We carry a huge amount of responsibility to deliver to our clients and manage the pressures from within the law industry. This is why the Retreat brings together Australia’s likeminded legal professionals into one space, so we can connect, share, and be inspired by one another’s experiences – to learn how to do business differently and in a sustainable and fulfilling way – hearing from experts in a very similar format to the popular TEDx Talks.
Here’s what you will be experiencing…
Our main goal to inspire, and educate whilst having fun, we would like to invite you to be part of the movement to transform the way we run our law firms in a sustainable way succeeding now and into the future.
The Retreat Program
Thursday 3 November
6pm to 8pm:
Welcome drinks, canapés & networking
Friday 4 November
8:30am to 5:30pm:
7pm to late:
#tinsel theme Dinner Party
Saturday 5 November
8:30am to 5:45pm:
Impactful Speakers & Breakout Sessions
The full program will be released shortly outlining the topics and timings per day.
About the Organsier— Meet Clarissa Rayward
Clarissa is an accredited specialist family lawyer and the Director of the Brisbane Family Law Centre. She runs Happy Lawyer Happy Life, which promotes wellness within the law industry. Happy Lawyer Happy Life was born from Clarissa’s own experience with managing burnout, and it now has 120 active members – all of whom belong to or own an Australian law firm. Clarissa is a wife, proud mother of two, and self-confessed lover of fine chocolate. She loves dancing and spends much of her free time crafting.
“In August 2022, I received the Agnes McWhinney Award – an honour presented by the Queensland Law Society acknowledging my efforts in making #lawland a happier place and changing the narrative for female lawyers.
“In 2019, I was recognised as the Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards Wellness Advocate of the Year, and I was the inaugural winner of the Minds Court Individual Wellness Advocate in Law.
“While I’m immensely proud of my achievements, I’m driven by changing the way lawyers practise law – so we can strive for better work-life balance without suffering from burnout.
“I can’t wait to personally welcome you to The Retreat this coming November – I hope you can be part of this powerful experience!”
Are You Ready to Build YOUR Successful Law Firm?
Then Join Us for The Retreat this November. You WON’T regret it!
The Retreat Speaker Line Up!!
Save the date! 4-5 November 2022
Kind notes about The Retreat over the past 6 years…
Are you our next partner?
If you are interested in working with a dynamic brand and building relationships in the legal industry then we would love the chance to share how we can work with you too!
Download my partnerships document below to learn more about the ways we can work together.
The Retreat is made possible by the ongoing support by our event partners!
3 exclusive spots available
Pre Event Benefits
• An exclusive experience for partners. 1 facilitated session, such as a Lunch & Learn with Clarissa Rayward. To be held at your convenience within 3 months of the retreat.
• 1 x Electronic Direct Mail (EDM) Advertorial to attendees. Up to 250 words & image.
• Social Media Content Opportunity – 6 x posts. You provide artwork and copy for HLHL Facebook.
• Your logo featured on our website on the partnership page and in footer. Hyperlinked to own website.
At Event Benefits
• A complimentary Event Booth located strategically in the room with the highest attendee touchpoint so that you’ll have direct access to our audience and offer your products or services, as well as an immersive brand experience. We will help you build a creative space for our event attendees. They’ll leave the space as your next customers, or better yet, your next brand ambassadors! Think comfy recharge zone.
• Your logo will appear on the conference program.
• Your Logo will appear on the attendee lanyard & QR Code key chain.
• Inclusion of your curated gift in our event goodie bags to introduce your service or product offerings to our participants.
• Your brand introduced at Start & End of day 1 and Start and End of day 2.
• Live mentions on stage at different intersections during the event and showcase of your video promotional video to our live audience.
• Inclusion of 4 x Retreat passes to attend the event building relationships with our audience.
• Exclusive Retreat event passes – additional tickets at 50% off.
• Exclusive Speaker Spot (5 min pitch during event program or pre-recorded video presentation).
Post Event Benefits
• Logo on all post-conference materials.
• Thank you mention in the post-event EDM to attendees.
• First rights of refusal to be the preferred event sponsor for the 2023 Retreat.